4 large red potatos (boiled, skinned and cut in 1″ cubes)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp dried parsley (this is usually made with fresh, but i was out when i did the measurements; ill update it next time i make it 😉)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 garlic cloves
Note: You can use hot potatoes that have just been boiled and this recipe will be fantastic or you can use leftover potatoes that have been cooked, preferably boiled, definitely potatoes with no seasoning, and the recipe will be very good. A great use for leftover potatoes, but if you start cooking with the intent of making this recipe, I would just peel some potatoes and boil them fresh. 🙂
1. Heat up oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. If oil gets too hot (i.e. Smoking), turn down oil to medium or a little below so your onions don’t burn.
2. Add onion and let become nearly clear, now add garlic and give a quick stir until fragrant.
3. Add potato and let cook a few minutes now add lemon and let the juice burn off a little (maybe 5 mins cook time).
4. Now add parsley and let potato begin to brown.
5. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Sahtain! (Buon apetit!)
Makes about 4 servings
1g saturated fat
1g polyunsaturated fat
8.3mg sodium (before adding salt to taste)
12.8% vitamin A
49.4% vitamin C