Ingredients for Noodles:
8 oz Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles (available at Whole Foods)
Organic Soy Sauce
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
2/3 cup-1tsp Natural, salted peanut butter (the ingredients should be peanuts and salt) (in other words 1tsp less than 2/3 cup; you are removing 1 tsp of the p.b. and replacing it with tahini)
1 tsp roasted tahini such as Joyva brand
1/4 cup + 1/2 tsp organic soy sauce
5- 6 garlic cloves.
1 1/4 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
1 tbsp honey (if you’re opposed to honey, replace with another sweetener)
2/3-1 tbsp Crushed Red Chile Flakes (start slow if you aren’t fond of spice)
1/3 cup lime juice
1 1/2 tsp natural rice wine vinegar
Healthy grate black pepper
1/8 tsp grated fresh ginger
Fresh lime wedge
Grated daikon radish
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Grated Bosc Pear (optional variation)
Tamari or soy sauce, if desired, you may not need it.
1) Bring water to boil in pot, season with organic soy sauce. Do not add noodles yet, just heat it up so when you’re ready to cook noodles, you don’t have to wait for the water to boil.
2) Add ingredients for peanut sauce and blend well until smooth in food processor.
3) Prepare garnishes; toast almonds and sesame seeds (if using), grate carrots, daikon radishes, pears (if using), chop cilantro, scallions and lime. When almost done, start noodles and cook according to package instructions or until you are pleased with texture.
4) when noodles is done, drain and rinse slightly in colander.
5) Add noodles and peanut sauce to mixing bowl.
6) Do not add garnishes until you plate the noodles; each person can add their own. Use garnishes liberally! They are great! 😋
Hope you enjoy!