Ingredients For taco filling
4 zucchini (Also known as Italian Squash) (about 1 3/4 lbs)
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp whole cumin seeds
1/4tsp sea salt
1/2 whole clove
6 whole black peppercorns
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash zucchini, cut off ends and slice vertically into 1/4″ slabs. Place in a large baking dish.
2. Place salt and garlic into morter and pestle and grind into a paste, now add cumin seeds and gently begin to smash (if you do this too quickly, it will fly all over the place), next repeat process with peppercorns and clove.
3. put paste into baking dish with zucchini and olive oil. Now mix ingredients thouroughly. Rub paste over zucchini until evenly distributed.
4. (This step is optional.) place is fridge and let marinate for 1-4 hrs. You could also choose to grill them without marinating or let them marinate outside firdge for a few minutes before grilling.
5. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over grill pan and turn to medium high heat.
6. When pan is hot enough so that oil runs like water when pan is tilted, add zucchini. You will probably only be able to fit 1/3 to half of the zucchini at a time, so you may need to grill three batches of zucchini.
7. Grill zucchini approximately 2 mins on each side.
8. (This step is optional.) when you are almost done grilling the second side (perhaps 30 seconds before zucchini is done), you may choose to squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the zucchini.
Serve in a warm corn tortilla (or two, so that the tacos don’t rip), and add a spoon full of salsa verde, macadamia cream, and guacamole. You can serve qith some fresh lime wedges on each plate, in case someone prefers more punch to their taco. 🙂
Makes 2 meaty servings or 4 scant ones.
(If you are concerned with fat and calorie count reduce olive oil to one tbsp 🙂 )
If used for 2 servings:
2.5g saturated fat
2g polyunsaturated fat
9.9g monounsaturated fat
16.5% vitamin A
127.4% vitamin C